Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WOO WOO.

DEAR MOM AND KATE,
Since you in Malta and I can't speak to you, I wanted to let you in on some news....

I GOT A JOB! I START TOMORROW! It is at a Tavern called Redmond's about 5 blocks away. woot woot. I also have an interview tomorrow at the YMCA as a Bi-lingual Case Manager for the Healthy Start Program, which is a program that assists pregnant mothers and their new babies. Sounds great, but, to be honest, I think I will stick with the serving job, due to my desire to start school again in January. I am also volunteering at the Chicago Women's Health Center every Tuesday from 1-4pm, and so far I really love the Organization (not to mention it looks fabulous on my grad school resume..). Don't you, or anybody else worry. I will still be cooking and shopping on a budget! And updating this guy every chance I get!! Love you and miss you! I hope you are having a great time. Tell the fam I said "hello and nice to meet you!"

Love,
Em =) xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Emily! Cheers! I am so happy you got a job and are volunteering, you are right, it is going to look great on your resume for Grad. School, great goal you have, I love it. Sounds like things are coming together, which is fabulous. It takes time, but things always work out.
    Missed you in Malta, I hope we can go together one day.
    The family in Malta says hello! When you meet them, you will love them.
    XO - Kater

    PS - I will try and call you tomorrow, trying to get settled, unpack and get my berrings today.

    ReplyDelete