Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Difficulty keeping on task..

I am having the hardest time grocery shopping and making meals/dinner. I think so much of it has to do with Mat and I having weird work schedules. I haven't been eating the normal meals at normal times...We've been getting up late and eating big breakfasts and then I feel like the rest of the day has been snacking..
Last time I went grocery shopping I bought a lot of frozen veggies because before they were going bad too quickly. I am also considering buying more cereal and a lot of easy sandwich making stuff, that can be thrown together at any time..

Any suggestions??


One thing I have learned about keeping the budget low is free trials at gyms!! Today a couple of friends and I went to a well-known nationwide gym for a 7 day trial. We went to a Spinning class, which I am not exactly sure how I feel about.. It didn't seem that hard, but I was sweating like crazzzzyyy.. We will see how I feel tomorrow.. Anyway, the dude who signed us up gave us his whole schpeel afterwards and asked us if we were "free-loaders". I almost said "yes! I barely have a job and wanted to see what this gym had to offer!" I also told him that I go to Yoga, and he knocked Yoga studios as well... and said something about having the money to do Yoga at a pimp studio but not having the money to get a gym membership is ridiculous!... I could have kicked him in his un-toned, meat-head body! For that, I am going to buy a Yoga package tomorrow!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. maybe i'm an idiot, but frozen veggies get all mushy and gross when i thaw them. Freeloading sounds fun! spinning class doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leelee,
    I'm a big fan of making big pots of soup and then freezing smaller portions to pull out for whenever. I keep frozen peas on hand to throw in pasta, frozen corn for burritos but that is about it. I love frozen fruit for smoothies, pancake add ins and toppings and quick bread add ins. That guy at the gym is a dipshit! I say sign up for all the free gym memberships and look for a YMCA they are usually very affordable. Take care, A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eating and shopping is sounding a lot like your older sister. ha ha!
    Freeload as much as you can, seriously!
    XO - Katie

    ReplyDelete