Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Frooty Loops!

The other night, I prepared 3 cups of brown rice and divided it in two and put it in the fridge. Yesterday, threw one container in a pan with a little bit of Trader Joe's Salsa, some red pepper flakes and a can of black beans. I cut up some lettuce, tomato, avocado and we had burritos. (I took pics, but I lost the camera in a tiny apartment...) The rest of the rice is for fried rice this weekend. Making rice in advance saves about 30 minutes of cook-time. It's also better to make fried rice with cold rice.. I think.
Mat worked an over night yesterday and is working another tonight and tomorrow. It has thrown off his sleeping and our eating schedule. When he woke up this afternoon he wanted breakfast. He didn't want eggs or biscuits and gravy (which I am making for his birthday tomorrow at some point!), he wanted Cereal. I had to pick up an Rx at CVS so we stopped at Jewel on the way home for Cereal. We spent 5 dollars on a family size box of Froot Loops. YES Froot Loops. I LOVE Froot Loops and haven't had them since Freshman year at Eastern in the dorms. I liiiveeed off of Froot Loops then. I only eat them dry though- not because I can't and hate to drink milk. I have never liked milk with my cereal. I also like to divide them into color piles and eat the blue ones first and the orange ones last.. I like to eat it in handfuls out of the box. Let's hope I don't fall back into that habit.

Jack likes Froot Loops too.

By the way, these are great from IKEA.. for dry goods and they are super cheap. I used them for rice, oats, pasta etc. That way you can buy those things in bulk and save mucho dinero!



Anyway, I am making biscuits and gravy tomorrow for Mat's birthday brunch. I have always used vegetable broth to make the gravy, but I don't have any here. I don't want to have to spend more money..because, well, that's the whole point.. Can I make gravy with just oil/butter, flour, rice milk and seasonings? I have biscuits in the freezer and Gimmie Lean Sausage in the fridge. I will give it a try!

Happy Birthday Mat! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Mat!!!
    We eat a ton of cereal here at the Asch Haus! Why is it so expensive? I'm always hunting for coupons online especially for cereal. Hope you two had a nice day together, brunch sounds tasty!
    Love,
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the container, need to get some of those for my damp house. Happy Birthday Mat! Hope it was a good one.
    I love cereal too, but also have a process to how I eat it. I love that we have so many food issues, WTF?
    XO - Kater

    ReplyDelete