Sunday, September 27, 2009

Post-Shopping Summary.

Jewel-Osco trip was very successful. Even got a Jewel card that saved me $5.07. I spent $76.00, but got enough food for at least 6 dinners, 7 breakfasts, snacks and and left-overs for lunch. The cashier was a very interesting character. I listened as he asked every individual in front of me in-line what they studied in college and then threw them a trivia question pertaining to that subject. The guy in front of was a Physical Therapist Major and was asked, "What is the largest muscle in the body." The response was the Gluteous Maximus. Then it was my turn, I debated which subject to tell this dude I studied.  I told the truth and said Psychology, knowing that I can barely remember any definitions or theories. He asked me what "Acrophobia" was. I went through my list in my head and battled with Agoraphobia and Arachnophobia and nailed it on the head! Fear of heights! Good guess. That guy amazed me. I hope to be in his line next time and I will say "GYNOCOLOGY!" (even though I didn't study that..)


Anyway, I successfully purchased everything on my list except a few things, but wisely substituted those things..

  • Yellow Squash Zucchini 
  • Green Pepper  Potatoes (they substitute each other well due being Mat's faves)
  • Tomato Avocado (both fruits that pose as vegetables)
  • Oats   Crunchy Noodle Things (pushing it!)
  • Bread Tortilla chips (I am reaallly pushing it)
  • El Tapatio Hot Sauce -Do I need an explanation!?
  • Apples &Bananas were the fruits on sale and go well with the ENORMOUS jar of P.B here

1 comment:

  1. $76 is great for all of that! If you stick mostly with the peremeter of the store, you are good - mostly produce, bread and not too many packaged and processed things.
    I love this post.
    XO - Kater

    ReplyDelete