Monday, May 23, 2011

Too much work for something too strange.

I saw a recipe today for chocolate chip cookies made from hard-boiled eggs. It immediately made the 3 cups of coffee I had just consumed travel quickly up into my mouth, as well as making me yelp loudly in my closet of an office.
Has anyone ever heard or tired such a thing?
First off, why would you go through the motions of making the hard boiled eggs just to bake them in cookies? Raw eggs bake up just fine, right?
Secondly, WHY? It's just weird. I mean, I'm cool with weird, but that's really weird.

Perhaps, this is because I am on the fence about eggs in general. I like them because I know they are a really good start to the day in regards of protein, but the taste is sometimes funky and I am not a fan of them in baked goods. They kind of remind of of wet dog.

On another note, today is 8th grade graduation at my internship. I get to sit through the 2-hour dress rehearsal in about 10 minutes. I distinctly remember my 8th grade graduation. I also remember that afterwards we went to Pronto in Royal Oak to eat!
Let's hope I do not cry. I'll miss you Rhodes School.

2 comments:

  1. OMG - weird, hard boiled eggs in brownies, I don't get it either.
    I TOTALLY remember your 8th Grade Graduation, I flew home for it and that was the one and only time I ever went to Pronto. I even remember what I wore! J Crew light green linen shirt and black slacks and black mules. ha ha!
    Time does fly baby girl. I am glad I have you in my life to have it fly by with.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete