Friday, April 15, 2011

Monkey Theme.

Everything I create seems to be named Monkey something or other. I also tend to bake with oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate ALOT.
So, in the theme of things, here is my new recipe.


Chewy "Monkey" Granola Bars (Imitation Avalon Bakery Vegan Granola Bars)

In a medium saucepan melt:
1/2 c. soy margarine
1/2 c. Agave Necture
~1 C. crunchy peanut butter
Add:
1 tsp. Vanilla
Dash of salt
1/4 c. Flax meal
1 C. coconut
~3 c. dry oats
1/2 c. chocolate chips

Spread in a glass pan, cover with foil and bake for about 12 minutes at 350 to make them toasty tasting. Let cool (as in, put them in the refrigerator so that they harden) before you cut and enjoy.

Does anyone know where to get vegan white chocolate chips??

I would probably keep them in the refrigerator too. YUM!!!!!

Ooo ooo eee ooo ah ah!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so good! Not sure about the vegan white chips, I think you can only get "white confection" chips that are vegan, so probably just taste sweet and not creamy like white chocolate.
    I'll ask around ma'lady.
    XO

    ReplyDelete