Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Creative Pestoooos

I've been experimenting with pesto sauces lately. I love parsley and walnuts and can't wait to try cilantro and something or other!

Spinach/Almond Pesto= SOOOOOOOOOO good and creamy!!!

Got some spinach, garlic pasta for Christmas and thought about making a light olive oil sauce for it.  Upon cleaning the refrigerator, the sauce turned into something amazing..
I was going to wilt the spinach and eat it with my pasta, but the blender tempted me. I put a handful in with olive oil and it was so beautiful. I tasted it. Not bad. Added some garlic. Even better.  Made a sauce. WOW.


1-2 cups of raw spinach
1/2 cup slivered almonds
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
Nutritional Yeast
Red pepper flakes
Salt
Pepper
Dash of paprika

Blended in Blender.
Divided in half.
Tossed pasta in half.
Put other half in freezer.

YUM.


Totally ready for 2nd dinner.
Fried Chickpeas anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment