Friday, November 5, 2010

Quick, Simple, Delicious Brownie Crumbly Mess.

(YES- I do keep the knife in the pan and just eat them out of it.. )

The title says it. I can't decide how I feel about this recipe. It is vegan, therefore there are no eggs involved. BUT- there is also nothing added as a binder..

I did make this at 12:30 a.m when my sweet tooth was overwhelming and it definitely satisfied the taste buds. They really are delicious-just a bit crumbly. REALLY good in a bowl with rice milk poured over top or even ice cream!

The weren't dry either. Like a lot of vegan desserts. They were very most and would be even better with a bag of chocolate chips thrown in! MM MMmm Mmmmm.

Ingredients


2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

2 cups white sugar

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup water

1 cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

** THEN add.-1 cup of walnuts and 1 bag of chocolate chips.**

Directions

1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2.In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch baking pan.

3.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.

Adapted from: http://www.allrecipes.com/


SO easy!

Because this is a basic brownie recipe, one would easily add egg replacer. I usually use Ener-G Egg Replacer, which I believe is made with potato starch. I have never tried flax, but I hear it works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment